How to Flash Xiaomi Firmware using Recovery
In a case where you can still access your data partition, or just want to update your firmware using the recovery, the following steps will deem useful.
- Download the ROM file compatible with your device, and rename it to update.zip.
- Transfer it to the root of your internal storage.
- Proceed by booting your Xiaomi device into the recovery mode by pressing both the Power and Volume Up buttons together.
- Once you enter the recovery mode, you can navigate using the volume up and down keys, and use the power button to select an option.
- Scroll down and select the “Install update.zip” option, and give your phone a while to do the task.
- Once done, if you phone doesn’t reboot automatically, just navigate and select the “Reboot” option from the recovery.
How to Flash Xiaomi Firmware via TWRP Recovery
- First of all, download the recovery ROM for your phone.
- Now connect your device to PC using the USB cable
- Move the downloaded zip file to the phone’s storage
- Once transferred, disconnect the phone and power it off completely
- Press the Volume Up and Power button simultaneously to enter TWRP recovery
- (Optional): If you’re using a custom ROM, go to ‘Wipe’ -> ‘Advanced Wipe’ and wipe the ‘Cache’, ‘Dalvik/ART Cache’, ‘Data’ and ‘System’ partitions.
- Once you are done, go back and tap on the ‘Install’ button
- Browse the internal storage and select the Recovery ROM zip file.
- To confirm, swipe the button on the screen to start installing the firmware on your Xiaomi device
- Once it is finished, press the ‘Reboot System’ button